Unable to add text to new note or edit existing note

What I did: Add new meeting note

What happened: Not able to add text to the note or do anything. I get a fault sound.
It seems I cannot edit any entry or start a new entry

What I expected: To be able to add text, edit old entry’s

Things that might be helpful to know (Findings version, OS and model, etc):
Version 2.0.1, Build 5241.22a61e09
Macbook pro Retina 13 inch, late 2013, OSX High Sierra, 10.13.5

I hope to get answer soon since I cannot work in Findings anymore.
Greetings, Ruben

I addition, I just let Findings check for updates. I gave a fault message it cannot backup since it is on a read only disk and should be coppied to the programmes folder. The thing is the app is already located in the programmes folder.

Sorry about the issue! Could you try to update to the latest version? Normally you can use the menu Findings > Check for Updates (maybe also make sure it’s automatically checking for updates, in the preferences under the ‘Options’ tab. The latest version is 2.0.4. If the automatic update does not work, you can also download the app from here: http://downloads.findingsapp.com/v2. Then make sure you quit Findings, delete the old app, and move the new one to the Applications folder on your machine, before opening it.

Let me know if that helps!

Charles

Dear Charles, I did what you suggested and it seemed to work. However it does not. I can add notes, collections and stikky notes. I cannot add content to them. I get a fault sound if I try.

Greetings, Ruben

Update:
I Quit Findings, then start it again. An update was availlable wich I installed. After that it worked again.

I am sorry about the bug. It was indeed in the older version. I am glad it’s all working for you now. Sorry again about the issue!

Charles

1 Like